ABOUT THE ROLE
44.01 seeking a skilled Supply Chain Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Supply Chain Engineer, at 44.01, you will play a critical role in managing our procurement and logistics needs.
You will work closely with the Project Development & Research and Technology Development Teams in the planning and execution of the CO2 Mineralisation Facility and R&D Projects.
The role will also involve engagement with our Technology Partners so that they can make informed decisions on the Procurement and logistics for the Equipment/Facility they want to deploy at our Operating locations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate seamlessly with both potential and current vendors throughout the entire procurement cycle, actively participating in the identification of preferred vendors.
- Take full ownership of procurement commitments made during the contract award process, ensuring meticulous adherence to project schedules.
- Skilfully prepare, review, and issue various procurement documents, such as Requests for Quotations, Bid Tabulations, Vendor Pre-qualification documents, Terms & Conditions, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Vendor Performance Evaluations.
- Conduct thorough pricing analysis to ensure competitiveness and analyse complex bid tabulations for compliance with established procedures, making optimal selection decisions.
- Craft project-specific Terms and Conditions of Purchase and engage in negotiations with vendors to reach mutually agreeable terms and conditions.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of and adherence to procurement contract terms once awarded.
- Provide valuable recommendations regarding Purchase Order awards and promptly issue purchase orders as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date procurement logs and, when required, seek counsel from the Legal team, adjusting processes as needed in response to legislative changes.
- Seek advice from the Legal team when needed and apply adjustments following legislative changes.
- Efficiently interface with relevant internal departments to facilitate the seamless progression of the procurement process.
- Collaborate effectively with Project teams, gaining insights into business goals, technical requirements, and challenges pertaining to Project development and R&D Projects.
- Establish strong liaisons with logistics providers to ensure the smooth delivery of items, including managing customs clearance procedures.
- Efficiently manage post-Purchase Order/Work order relations with vendors and interface with the Finance function to ensure timely payment of vendor bills.
- Initiate and implement innovative developments, processes, and procedures aimed at reducing costs and enhancing systems.
- Maintain strict compliance with the company's quality and HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong believer in sustainability and negative emissions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or a related field with 5+ Years of experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of local and international procurement regulations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with External Engineering Consultant, Supplier, Contractors and 44.01 cross-functional teams.
- Possess knowledge of Project Freight Forwarding, Export-Import Procedures, and Customs regulations in GCC countries.
- Understand Shipping Laws, HS Codes, Incoterms, standard accounting, banking practices (Letter of Credit), and the application of international trade practices.
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of applicable Procurement software programs.
- Understand functional areas within Procurement, including materials management, expediting, and logistics.
- Have knowledge and understanding of various stages of manufacturing and the flow of operations.
- Be aware of the legal implications associated with procurement activities, including Health and safety, manual handling, and handling of hazardous materials.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up.
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change.
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business.
- To be part of a team to invest in your career growth.
Apply for this position
44.01 eliminates CO2 by turning it into rock. Our pioneering technology accelerates the natural process of CO2 mineralisation, meaning we remove captured CO2 permanently. Our process is safe, scalable and durable.Our mission is to offer safe and affordable CO2 mineralisation worldwide to fight climate change. We are a purpose-driven, innovative business where every Carboneer has a direct impact in achieving our vision of driving a return to sustainable levels of atmospheric CO2.
Find out more here: www.4401.earth
Restore our Earth
We are driven by a passion and purpose to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium to our planet.
Do the Right Thing
Legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles.
Challenge the Status Quo
To solve the crisis of our generation, we take bold action and build cutting-edge technology.