About the Role
The Project Lead Engineer will conduct all project management aspects of CREW Carbon’s technology pilots and deployments at partner facilities. The Project Lead Engineer is also a key part of the R&D team to meet key metrics for project success. This position is a full time position. Location will be hybrid with significant work in-person in either the New Haven office, field, or laboratory.
- Lead the design, installation, deployment, and operation of CREW technology during R&D and field deployments
- Manage relations with external stakeholders, including engineering and construction companies, suppliers, equipment sales reps, and partner organizations to collaborate on joint projects
- Maintain project schedule to ensure consistent progress toward carbon removal milestones
- Ensure development and accuracy of MRV procedures to support milestone completion and permit compliance
- Oversee R&D work with the lab to streamline learnings from geochemical lab work
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the United States
- MS in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, or Environmental Engineering (or similar field)
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or early-stage technologies
- Management experience and people skills for building and leading an engineering team
- Proficiency in CAD software for engineering or product design (AutoCAD, Creo, Solidworks, etc)
- Experience in identifying, contracting, and managing third parties such as Engineering Procurement and Construction firms
- Expertise with sensor and monitoring systems and automation controls
- Capable of lifting up to 15 lbs
- Startup mindset where adaptability, creativity, agility, and execution are keys to success
- Strong desire to fight climate change
- Experience conducting techno-economic analysis (TEA) and life cycle analysis (LCA)
- Reactive transport modeling using e.g., PHREEQC or The Geochemist’s Workbench
While we are looking for someone with these skills, you do not need to have all the listed qualifications to be a great addition to our team. Please reach out if you have any of the listed qualifications, are eager to learn new skills, excited about climate tech, and have strong foundations in design, engineering, and problem-solving skills.
The annual salary range for this position is competitive and will depend on many factors including experience, education, and expertise. We offer a competitive benefits package with insurance, vacation, retirement, and equity options.
About the Company
CREW is a distributed and flexible carbon dioxide removal technology that utilizes containerized enhanced weathering in engineered systems for permanent, low-cost, and verifiable storage. By accelerating the well-established, natural weathering process that removes CO2, CREW leverages these reactions in a variety of settings on our path to gigatons of carbon sequestration.