BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. We distribute our ratings via our SaaS Product, BeZero Carbon Markets, helping market participants price and manage risk. Our ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 120+ strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. We work from four continents.
Having raised a significant Series B funding round in late 2022, we are rapidly growing as a company, accelerating the Net-Zero transition through carbon ratings.
BeZero is looking for an experienced project finance / credit ratings analyst to join our carbon credit ratings team. The ideal candidate would have experience of a number of years in assessing project finance risk at a credit rating agency, investment bank, infrastructure finance or similar.
We are looking for a driven, creative and intellectually curious individual excited by the prospect of working at an innovative start-up aiming to bring together financial and environmental markets.
The role will be focused on assessing project execution risk across a range of environmental projects across their developmental cycle and the risk to the carbon efficacy of credits issued by these projects. In-depth understanding of combining project execution risk with stand alone risk assessment would be essential for success in this role. The successful candidate will also be expected to drive analytical development in this area.
The role will require interacting with both internal and external stakeholders and consequently, strong written, presentational, and oral communication skills are essential. The candidate will report to BeZero’s Director of Carbon Ratings and can work remotely or from our London-based office on GMT hours.
- Lead assessment of project execution risk across a range of carbon offset projects.
- Expanding and developing our ratings and analytical models for project execution risk and its interplay with standalone carbon rating.
- Work on rating assignments as lead/secondary analyst, with end-to-end responsibility of assignment and monitoring of carbon ratings.
- Writing research reports on market trends and dynamics
- Attending conferences and events representing BeZero Carbon
- Working towards monthly/quarterly targets through delivery of ratings, reviews and content
- Potential management of rating scientists, depending on experience
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 4-10 years’ experience in project risk assessment / project finance at a rating agency, investment bank, infrastructure finance organisation.
- Have strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Have a strong research background and analytical skills.
- Be comfortable speaking to high-level clients and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of risk and risk assessment
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary and equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options.
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the worlds of science, economics, business, finance and more.
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday).
- Benefits package covering private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan and cycle to work scheme (or a comparable package if you’re based overseas).
- Health and wellness cash allowance.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Regular social events.
- Opportunity to work remote or in our East London office space (Hoxton) with flexibility to work from home 2 days a week.
- Nomad working over the summer, allowing you to work from another country.
We value diversity at BeZero Carbon. We need a team that brings different perspectives and backgrounds together to build the tools needed to make the voluntary carbon market transparent. We are therefore committed to not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.