Utrecht, Padualaan, Netherlands | Semi-remote
Full-time (at least 4 days a week)
November 2023 (earlier possible)
20th of October
- Are you passionate about sustainability and technology development and excited to learn more about working in a ClimateTech startup?
- Have you finished a master’s or PhD in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent fields?
- Do you have at least 2 years of working experience as a process engineer or similar?
- As a Senior Process Engineer, you will work closely with our core team of engineers and scientists to design, construct and commission our novel direct air capture (DAC) technology at both a demonstration (tons/year) and industrial scale (kilotons/year).
ReCarbn aims to capture CO2 at a gigaton scale, thereby helping to limit global warming to 1.5 °C. We aim to filter CO2 out of the air in an affordable and easily scalable way.
Our young and ambitious team combines years of experience in carbon-capturing technology and is complemented by commercial business and financial backgrounds. The ReCarbn technology has been developed at the University of Twente since 2012.
Learn more about ReCarbn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/recarbneu
About the job
We are looking for a skilled and motivated process engineer to join our team. You'll work on critical engineering solutions for our DAC technology, directly impacting our startup's success. If you're passionate about combating climate change and have the skills we need, apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Things you will be working on
Evaluate and improve plant design, by working on:
- Process flow diagrams
- Mass- and heat balances
- Mechatronic design of individual equipment
- Piping and Instrumentation diagrams
- Control strategies
Select and choose material suppliers
Collaborate with a contractor responsible for the construction of the plant
Functional testing, debugging, and commissioning of the plant
Modeling of heat and mass transfer and reaction kinetics
Possibility to grow toward the role of team lead
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to benefit from employee stock options
- Semi-remote, we have flexible working hours
- Free lunch at the office.
- Be part of a ClimateTech startup and make a large impact with your engineering skills.
- Join the team conferences and other networking activities.
- You are a proactive self-starter, adaptable, and can work independently.
- At least 2 years of work experience as a process engineer, unit technologist, or equivalent, preferably developing carbon capture technology.
- You are located in the Netherlands and able to work from the office in Utrecht at least 2 days a week.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a work permit for the Netherlands.
Please send your CV with a cover letter (max. 1 A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line: Senior Process Engineer Application + your name. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.
We strive to hire people from all walks of life. ReCarbn is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Each person is evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit. We want to develop and build a culture of inclusivity & diversity from the start.
All applications from employment agencies will be ignored.
ReCarbn will not pay any fees for unsolicited resumes.