ABOUT THE ROLE
- 44.01 is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Process Engineer to join our team. As a Lead Process Engineer, you will play a vital role in the design, development, and optimization of Design, particularly in MVP (Minimal Viable Product) development. Your expertise and innovative approach will be instrumental in helping us achieve operational efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and sustainable solutions.
- You will work closely with the Project Development team in the planning, Design, and execution of the CO2 injection Facility. You will also be required to support and advise the Research and Technology Development Team in the R&D initiative.
- The role will also involve active engagement with DAC and PSC technology partners, vendors, regulators, and stakeholders to ensure the successful integration of systems on the ground.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop process engineering strategies, methodologies, and frameworks tailored to meet the specific needs of 44.01, MVP development, and CO2 systems.
- Collaborate with the Project Development team to understand business goals, technical requirements, and challenges related to Project development.
- Conduct thorough analysis and evaluation of existing processes, identifying areas for improvement and proposing innovative solutions to enhance efficiency, quality, and sustainability.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to the Project Development Team, and offer insights and recommendations for optimising Design, including equipment and material Selection.
- Support the implementation of process improvements, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Conduct Concept/Feasibility studies, risk assessments, and cost-benefit analyses to evaluate the viability and potential impact of proposed process engineering initiatives.
- Define Project Scope of work to achieve the Project objectives.
- Review and/or develop Process Engineering deliverables and actively participate in Project Workshops (HAZID, Design Reviews, HAZOP, Plot Plan, Constructability, and other safety workshops).
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and CO2 systems design, and proactively share knowledge and insights.
- Coach and develop process engineering staff.
- Review technology partners & Engineering Consultants.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement best practices to optimize energy consumption and lower operational carbon footprint.
- Keep abreast of alternative/new renewable energy technologies to determine the feasibility of implementation and cost-effectiveness.
- Participate in contract reviews and provide required inputs to Project Development Manager.
- Implement cost-effective measures to deliver value engineering and design optimization where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s quality and HSE procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong believer in sustainability and negative emissions
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, Process Engineering, or a related field with 15+ Years of experience.
- Strong background in Concept and FEED Design Engineering.
- Proficiency in Process optimisation, process simulation software and other relevant tools.
- Prior experience working as a Senior Process Engineer, particularly in start-up environments, MVP development, and/or designing CO2 systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex problems, Troubleshoot, think critically, and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with external Engineering consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and 44.01 cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of regulatory and safety requirements related to process engineering.
- Experience in the energy, chemicals, or sustainability sectors. Some experience in Automation and Digitalization will be an added advantage,
- When needed, can work at the Site, and supervise Contractor work.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up.
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change.
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business.
- To be part of a team to invest in your career growth.
Apply for this position
44.01 eliminates CO2 by turning it into rock. Our pioneering technology accelerates the natural process of CO2 mineralisation, meaning we remove captured CO2 permanently. Our process is safe, scalable and durable.Our mission is to offer safe and affordable CO2 mineralisation worldwide to fight climate change. We are a purpose-driven, innovative business where every Carboneer has a direct impact in achieving our vision of driving a return to sustainable levels of atmospheric CO2.
Find out more here: www.4401.earth
Restore our Earth
We are driven by a passion and purpose to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium to our planet.
Do the Right Thing
Legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles.
Challenge the Status Quo
To solve the crisis of our generation, we take bold action and build cutting-edge technology.