Permanent employee, Full-time · Oman, London, UAE
ABOUT THE ROLE
44.01 is looking to hire our first in-house counsel to establish and grow our internal legal team. The successful candidate will be someone who is dynamic, commercially minded and comfortable working in a fast-paced, early-stage start-up. Much of what we are doing at 44.01 has never been done before and it’s important that our legal team takes the initiative to constantly push boundaries to define the new ‘market standard’.
As our in-house counsel your primary role will be to support our engineering functions, to enable them to move as fast and seamlessly as possible towards delivery of our milestone projects. Finally, and most importantly, we are looking for somebody who is passionate about the fight against climate change and believes deeply in the possibility for technology and innovation to deliver a real impact. The role will report to the Chief of Staff to the CEO.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Run 44.01’s in-house legal function and be responsible for all day-to-day tasks required of a typical in-house counsel.
- Handle all day-today workflows with third party suppliers, investors and other stakeholders including (but not limited to) NDA’s, Term Sheets, and other agreements.
- Draft, negotiate and execute important strategic agreements across a wide range of areas (e.g commercial procurement, financing, intellectual property, research & development).
- Ensure 44.01’s legal position is protected when we are procuring crucial equipment needed for projects.
- Managing various external counsel for 44.01 in multiple jurisdictions.
- Ensuring 44.01 is legally compliant in its various jurisdictions that it operates in.
- Develop and maintaining a suite of in-house template agreements to standardise our approach to legal relationships.
- Assisting with the filing, and maintenance of intellectual Property of 44.01.
- Manage engagements with external counsel across a range of jurisdictions.
- Assist with fundraising – managing documentation and external counsel as we raise funds from investors.
- Work on structuring first-of-a-kind project financing deals, as we move towards large scale commercial deployment of our technology.
- Be responsible for 44.01’s compliance across areas such as privacy and data protection, environmental reporting, import/export regulations etc.
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate about the environment and willing to dedicate your professional skills to helping us build the solutions of tomorrow.
- Fully qualified solicitor, England and Wales or Scotland.
- 3-6 years’ post-qualification.
- 2+ years’ experience working at a top commercial law firm. Experience working in-house at a start-up is ideal, but not required.
- Highly skilled in drafting complex commercial and legal agreements.
- Strong aptitude for identifying and protecting against key risks in transactions, but pragmatic enough not to sacrifice speed with unnecessary legalese.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Be part of a team that will invest in your career growth.
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up that will change the world.
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change.
Apply for this position
44.01 eliminates CO2 by turning it into rock. Our pioneering technology accelerates the natural process of CO2 mineralisation, meaning we remove captured CO2 permanently. Our process is safe, scalable and durable.Our mission is to offer safe and affordable CO2 mineralisation worldwide to fight climate change. We are a purpose-driven, innovative business where every Carboneer has a direct impact in achieving our vision of driving a return to sustainable levels of atmospheric CO2.
Find out more here: www.4401.earth
Restore our Earth
We are driven by a passion and purpose to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium to our planet.
Do the Right Thing
Legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles.
Challenge the Status Quo
To solve the crisis of our generation, we take bold action and build cutting-edge technology.