Marble is a climate tech venture studio. Our north star is to erase billions of tons from annual greenhouse gas emissions and create a thriving future.
We partner with scientists, engineers and operators to create deeptech companies that can solve hard climate problems, and reshape multi-billion $ industries.
Together, we co-create radical solutions that slash emissions in hard-to-abate sectors, remove carbon from the atmosphere, and cool the planet. We shape the most promising ideas into new companies, funded by Marble.
We're proud to be backed by leading climate investors across Europe and the US.
Solving Direct Air Capture
To prevent the worst impacts of climate change, the world needs to reach net zero around mid century. This means two things: slash global emissions from 60 gigaton annually to near zero, and remove CO2 from the atmosphere on a multi gigaton scale.
The last IPCC report estimates that 5 to 16 billion tons of CDR will be required each year from 2050 onwards to keep global temperature increase as close to 1.5°C as possible. Reaching such levels in just a few decades is a herculean feat and will require many approaches.
Direct Air Capture is compelling due to is low physical footprint, flexible siting near CO2 storage and clean energy, and straightforward measurement. On the demand side, DAC benefits from massive tailwinds, such as $3.5 billion scale up funding in the US, a first billion $ acquisition, and the growing market for CDR credits and carbon negative products (e.g. concrete).
However, first generation DAC technologies are very energy intensive due to the work required to separate CO2 from the sorbent. Current systems use 1,500 to 3,000 kWh per ton of CO2 - which is 10x to 20x higher than the theoretical minimum. At gigaton scale, such systems would require between 1/3 and 3/4 of the annual US power consumption.
We are developing a breakthrough process which tackles this problem, the most important to solve for gigaton scale DAC to become a reality.
We have developed a unique hybrid electrochemical process which is 10x more energy efficient than first generation DAC and 3x better than the most ambitious second generation technologies. At megaton scale, we estimate the cost per ton well below the iconic $100/ton.
Our approach uses only materials that are cheap, abundant, and stable under atmospheric conditions. We leverage components that will undergo rapid learning rates for cost decline as well as proven supply chains for mass manufacturability.
We have already achieved compelling lab results, secured key IP, and gathered world class technical advisors around the project. Now all we need is you!
We are looking for a CEO and Co-Founder. Your role will be broad, across product, sales, partnership development, operations, fundraising (venture capital and non-dilutive), team building, supplier management, industrial scale up, etc.
You will join a stellar CTO and Co-Founder, with a PhD in electrochemistry applied to carbon management, author of 2 patents in greenhouse gas removal.
➡️ Apply Here
Skills & Profile
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual with a passion for DAC and a driving motivation to mitigate climate change. Must have: experience in some of the CEO type activities listed above, exposure in climate tech, good literacy in science and engineering
Nice to have: techno economics, life cycle assessment, IP management
Example of relevant backgrounds:
- Former startup founder / operator (deeptech, clean tech)
- OR Industry professional (CCUS, chemicals, clean energy, etc)
- OR Process / mechanical / chemical engineer with commercial mindset
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel you meet all requirements. Above all, we value intelligence, creativity and Founder Potential.
Especially if you recognise yourself below:
- You can’t wait to start your own company (or your next one)
- You are a pragmatic optimist on a mission to tackle climate change
- You are outcome focused and action oriented - you make things happen
- You are a great communicator - you can convince others to follow you
- You love to break down ambitious goals into actionable milestones
- You understand that innovation starts with people - not ideas
What We Offer
As CEO and Co-Founder, you will partner with a Marble Founder in Residence who has been developing this project and will be CTO in the new company. You will have the opportunity to meet her before making any big commitment of course!
We offer (among other things)
- A €2,500 monthly allowance during your participation in the programme
- A €250,000 pre-seed investment on startup creation if you’re successful. You and your team will own 80% of the company at pre-seed.
- Full-stack support in our venture creation programme
- Mentorship and guidance at every step of the way
- Hands on support across technology and market research, landing interviews with experts and customers, techno economics, roadmap and scale up strategy, IP strategy, team building, advisor sourcing, and more
- Access to an unparalleled network across science, industry, talent, investors, mentors, climate tech founders, curated vendors and suppliers
- Access to our research insights, knowledge base and resources
- Weekly check-ins, work sessions in our Paris HQ (or remote) and continuous peer learning with other programme participants
- Seed Fundraising support after the programme. Introductions to the best seed investors from our network and help with term sheet negotiation.
- Founder Visa sponsorship if you wish to relocate to France. Remote participation is possible, preferably from Europe and with regular in-person meetings.
How to Apply
We are looking for the best candidate - so you are welcome to apply as soon as possible.
➡️ Apply Here or see the Programme Structure
We believe that a diverse group of minds is key to solving the climate crisis. We encourage women and people of colour to apply.
Studies have shown that under-represented candidates are less likely to apply unless they feel they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the opportunity but your experience does not align perfectly with what you read, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and mission-driven Founder community.
For a full list of FAQs, please visit our website.