Development Chemist - Oxidation
February 5, 2023
- Your mission at Climeworks is to develop and to optimize our lifetime prediction models for our sorbents.
- You ensure that chemical and physical causes of sorbent degradation for new sorbents are well understood.
- You identify strategies to decrease sorbent degradation.
- You perform testing campaigns for new and existing sorbents, assessing their lifetime and potential for the Climeworks Technology.
- You develop and define analytical and characterization methods to identify promising sorbent materials in an early stage of development.
- You support the build-up and maintenance of a database with sorbent material characteristics used for defining the sorbent development strategy.
- You contribute to the generation and protection of IP.
- You have completed an advanced degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science.
- You have at least 7 years of experience in R&D (industry or academia).
- You have experience in measuring and modelling kinetics of reactions.
- You have experience with porous particle/powder characterization, such as mercury porosimetry, nitrogen adsorption, FT-IR, TGA and DVS.
- You are highly reliable, have a strong sense of ownership and are self-driven.
- You have excellent communication skills, are flexible and a team player.
- Your English is business fluent. German is a nice-to-have.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.