Customer Success Analyst
BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. Our ratings allow all market participants to price and manage risk. BeZero’s ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors, and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 120+-strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. We work from five continents.
BeZero is looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Customer Success team, and act as the primary point of contact for our growing base of customers. The ideal candidate will act as a strategic advisor and supportive partner for our customers with a focus on building long-term loyalty and retention. They will also serve an important internal function as the voice of the customer, seeking ways to share insights, collaborate on solutions and bring teams together to work towards joint solutions that deliver against customer needs.
The successful candidate will be exposed to multiple opportunities to work across departments, and as part of the broader Commercial team will need to be able to foster strong links with our Sales and Partnership teams to identify, qualify and support upsell and renewal opportunities.
Other responsibilities will include working closely with our Product team to support customers through the onboarding process by undertaking technical product demonstrations and clearly presenting the benefits and value of our offer, as well as partnering with them throughout their annual contract cycles to keep them informed and engaged as our product develops. A keen interest and ability to learn quickly and easily grasp new software applications (especially those focused on the financial markets) will be key.
The candidate will also work closely with our Ratings team to manage customers requests for project Ratings and Analyst interaction time, balancing the need to match customer expectations with the need to manage the workload of our internal teams.
In addition, the candidate will need to be available to support any inbound customer support issues, seeking ways to work with other teams across BeZero to resolve quickly and effortlessly. They will also be a proactive, optimistic self-starter keen to work in a scale-up business environment where a generous and collaborative nature with fellow colleagues is essential.
The candidate will report to BeZero’s Head of Customer Success and will be able to work 2 days a week remotely, with the other 3 days from our London-based office.
- Managing a wide range of customer relationships; facilitating handover from Sales, through Onboarding and Adoption and taking ownership for successful Renewal stages
- Taking ownership of all customer related support needs, reacting in a speedy manner and seeking ways to deliver in ways that exceed expectations
- Keeping internal teams informed about customer insights, needs and behaviors to ensure that our business is developed with customers in mind. Specifically, you will need to work closely with:
- Our Sales and Partnership teams to create commercial opportunities for revenue retention and expansion
- Our Ratings team to ensure customer requests for Project Ratings and Analyst calls are delivered, and that internal workflows are manageable
- Our Product team to ensure customer feedback is gathered and incorporated into product development – activities will include (but not be limited to) facilitating regular Product Discovery Sessions, communicating about new Product launches and running Demos on new Product developments
- Our Marketing team to deliver engaging and informative Customer Communications and convert users into advocates who will collaborate and endorse us publicly
- Maintaining Customer Success tools to successfully monitor, track and report on customer behavior (e.g. Excel, HubSpot)
You will be our ideal candidate if you:
- Have strong organisational and administration skills, with the ability to deliver on time and to high quality standards
- Are curious about the industries we operate in and want to educate yourself and our customers about the potential of risk assessment in the VCM
- Are a proactive problem-solver that will work constructively with customers and internal teams to find new ways to help and advance the needs of our customers
- Are a driven, self-starter who is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Want to build long-term relationships with customers that deliver ongoing mutual value
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to empathise and adapt content and tone to suit the needs of our customers and internal teams
- Preferred: 2-3 years experience managing customers in a B2B or financial services industry
Please note that even if you don’t have experience in all the areas above but think you could do a great job and are excited about building a great company culture, bringing transparency to the voluntary carbon market, and being part of a fast-growing team, we would love to hear from you!
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Opportunity to work remote or in our Central London office space (Old Street) with flexibility to work from home 2 days a week + some flexibility over working location during the summer
- Regular social events
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday)
- Private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, and a health and wellness cash allowance