About the Role
The Carbon Removal Engineer/Scientist is essential to the research and development of CREW's carbon removal systems. The role will involve designing and conducting independent research and experiments in the laboratory and field. The primary goal of this role is to further scientific knowledge on CREW technology and support pilot operations. During this work, you will be responsible for implementing, testing, and troubleshooting the measurement systems for carbon removal. The role is required to work in a laboratory environment and in the field to support the reactor technology construction and operation. Location will be in-person in either the office, field, or laboratory.
- Aid in design and execution of laboratory and field experiments to evaluate changes in physical and chemical composition of reactants
- Conduct field and lab operations such as sample collection, analysis, and interpretation
- Lead testing and troubleshooting of reactor systems and sensor array systems
- Drive new ideas through various stages of research, experimental design, proof-of-concept, and scale up
- Prepare and evaluate technical plans, reports, presentations and proposals to support new and ongoing projects
- Collaborate with the broader R&D team to effectively communicate ideas and results
- Bachelor's in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (chemical engineer, environmental engineer, chemistry, geochemistry, etc)
- 2+ years of relevant project or laboratory experience
- Proficiency with analytical software and bench-scale or pilot-scale experimental design
- Capable of lifting up to 15 lbs
- Startup mindset where adaptability, creativity, agility, and execution are keys to success
- Strong desire to fight climate change
- Advanced STEM degree
- 2+ years field experience deploying technology at pilot or commercial scales
- Experience in early stage startup
- Proficiency in modeling software for reactive transport or geochemical modeling (Python, MATLAB, COMSOL, Geochemist’s Workbench, PHREEQC, etc)
While we are looking for someone with these skills, you do not need to have all the listed qualifications to be a great addition to our team. Please reach out if you have any of the listed qualifications, are eager to learn new skills and be involved in the climate tech space, and have solid design, science/engineering, and problem-solving skills.
The annual salary range for this position is competitive and will depend on many factors including experience, education, and expertise. We offer a competitive benefits package with insurance, vacation, retirement, and equity options.
About the Company
CREW is a distributed and flexible carbon dioxide removal technology that utilizes containerized enhanced weathering in engineered systems for permanent, low-cost, and verifiable storage. By accelerating the well-established, natural weathering process that removes CO2, CREW leverages these reactions in a variety of settings on our path to gigatons of carbon sequestration.